The preparation of your mouth before the placement of a prosthesis is referred to as pre-prosthetic surgery.Some patients require minor oral surgical procedures before they can be provided with a partial or complete denture, in order to optimize fit and maximize your comfort.
One or more of the following procedures might need to be performed in order to prepare your mouth for a denture:
- Placement of Dental Implants
- Bone grafting
- Vestibuloplasty (deepening of the oral vestibule)
- Repositioning of muscle attachments on the jawbones
- Alveoplasty (bone smoothing and reshaping)
- Removal of Excess Bone
- Removal of excess gum tissue (epuli)
- Removal of impacted teeth
We will review your particular needs with you during your appointment.